Kawartha Zone Annual 2019/2020 registration is now CLOSED.
Come back next August for our 2020 / 2021 season.
If you are reading this page and not already a member of the Canadian Ski Patrol (CSP), chances are, you may be thinking about joining sometime in the near future. Here is some straight forward information for you to consider so that you have a sense of the time (and money) you will be committing.
For more information on joining us, please use the contact form at the bottom of this page.
- High quality Advanced First Aid training with CPR & AED certifications.
- Visiting privileges in the Zone.
- Opportunity to meet new people and help those in need.
- Subscription to the 5 x 5 (Patroller’s Electronic Newsletter), the National newsletter and By The Way (BTW), the Zone newsletter.
- Opportunity to improve your skiing and/or sliding skills
Membership requirements are of at least 18 years old.
- Attend the minimum 40 hour (classroom) Advanced First Aid course, and other dates required by the instructors.
- Pass a written and practical exam at the end of the course.
- Be willing to Patrol on weekends or when the Patrol is on duty.
- Possess an average skiing or riding ability.
TIME COMMITMENT - TRAINING:
Ski resorts in this zone generally open in December and close in March, and each resort has a minimum number of patrollers required…
WHERE WE PATROL:
Kawartha Zone includes Dagmar Ski Resort, Lakeridge Ski Resort, Brimacombe Ski Resort and Kawartha Nordic Trails. The zone also enlists patrollers to be involved in our 365 Patrol events. These include a cross-section of running, mountain biking, and speed skating events in the community…
BEYOND YEAR ONE:
Second year patrollers are required to take a seven week refresher course offered in the fall. This includes reviewing important skill sets and testing…
SIGN ME UP:
In accordance with Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation, by creating a profile in Step 1 below, you agree to receive newsletters and other electronic communications from the Canadian Ski Patrol containing news, operational and governance information, offers and promotions. Consent may be withdrawn at any time but doing so will sever electronic communications from the CSP. Contact information for the Canadian Ski Patrol may be found at www.kawartha.skipatrol.ca
Step 1 – You must register your interest via our Create Profile webpage, this will produce a form where you must fill out your personal information so that we can create your CSP ID in our National Database System (NDS). Please indicate on the form in the Preferred Area field “The name of the Patrol you wish to join” from the list above.
Step 2 – You will receive an email back generally within 24 hours (August to October … longer response times outside this time frame) we will activate your profile and email you with the details on completing your Registration more information can be found on the Registration tab of our website.
For more information on joining us, please contact our Director of Recruiting through the form below.